Investments: What can I do with my SMSF?
As an SMSF trustee, your investment decisions are under your control. But what can you invest in?
Join SMSF Association Peter Hogan in this informative session as he explores questions including:
1. Can I invest money in my own company?
2. Can I use a property within my SMSF?
3. Can I invest in equipment and lease it to my business?
4. Can I buy a classic or vintage car, coins, jewellery, antiques, wine or art with my SMSF?
5. Buying assets from a member or related party
6. Selling assets to a member or related party
Peter explains the regulatory limitations placed on SMSFs, and other restrictions placed on the fund.
Presented by: Peter Hogan, Head of Technical, SMSF Association
Peter Hogan is the SMSF Association's Head of Technical and one of Australia’s foremost SMSF specialists, having worked in the sector over many years. A lawyer by training, he cut his teeth in the ATO before joining some of Australia’s largest financial institutions to work in key superannuation, investment and taxation roles. His enormous industry experience and knowledge, especially as they pertain to tax issues, means he is in constant demand on the SMSF speaking circuit. Away from the world of SMSFs, he is a keen weekend golfer when he is not providing a taxi service to junior sporting events. Peter is an SMSF Association Specialist Advisor and former Chair and National Board member of the Association.